Thursday 21 February 2013

Sister Time

Yesterday my younger sister came down for a flying visit. I've been snowed under with uni work recently (perks of being a third year), and was gagging for any form of social interaction or some sort of grasp on a social life, so you can imagine my delight when she came a-knocking on my door.

She had bought us both tickets to a gig at the Joiners for Christmas and was staying down for the evening. She's currently in her final year of Sixth Form so she didn't arrive til late afternoon and had to get the train at 6am this morning in order to get back in time for the start of her lessons. Unfortunately this meant that we didn't have a lot of time to do anything other than go to the gig, but all in all it was a great night and it's always lovely to see her!

As I knew we were going to be heading to the Joiners I was aware that I needed to dress down, the gig was sold out and therefore it was literally ram-packed in there. No room to move, the heat level of a sauna and someones sweaty pit in your face - what more could you possibly want on a Wednesday night. For these very reasons I stuck with a casual and very versatile look of denim Levi shorts, a crop top I'd purchased from Topshop the previous day, flat shoes and a cardigan which was needed for the long wait in the queue.

I am absolutely loving royal blue at the moment, as demonstrated by my outfit. I picked this cardigan up in the H&M sale for a mere £7, reduced from £29.99, such a bargain. The crop top fits in well with the Americana trend and for a less casual statement I would team it with a royal blue/grey midi pencil skirt.







Crop Top - Topshop, £18
Cardigan - H&M, £7 (sale)

No comments:

Post a Comment