Tuesday 19 February 2013

Plum Power

It's a miracle, the sun is still firmly in its place and although it may still be rather chilly out, nothing puts me in a better mood than a blue cloudless sky.

Today all I needed to leave the house for was to stop by uni quickly before heading into town to take a few items of clothing back and run some errands. Unfortunately I also saw this as an opportunity to pick up a few new items, but what more can you expect.

I have been very good recently as far as spending money on clothes goes. I have a huge wardrobe over-stuffed with clothes I have rarely worn, or in some cases have never worn, but I still cannot bring myself to part with anything. Yes, I am a hoarder. Anyway, this week I have decided that each day I will pick something to wear that hasn't seen the light of day in a while in the vein hope that this may help me decide what needs to go and what can stay.

Today I chose to wear this plum coloured skater dress (as you may have noticed from previous outfit posts, I love a good fit and flare dress) from New Look which I think I wore once after I bought it about 18-months ago. I teamed it with a polka dot shirt in the same colour, this was worn underneath the dress to dress it up and make it a slightly more exciting outfit. I added a belt, again in plum (can you spot the theme?), a leaf charm necklace dug out from my large collection of rarely worn necklaces and a pair of slouchy New Look loafers which I managed to find at the bottom of my shoe pile.

Obviously as it is February I needed to wear this Topshop sixties-style light jersey jacket for added warmth.

Here ya have it:








Dress - New Look
Shirt - Primark
Belt - H&M
Shoes - New Look
Necklace - Primark
Coat - Topshop (gift)
Love Bron x

1 comment:

  1. That colour really suits you :)


    Be great if you could check out my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    And also my latest outfitr post feat a contrast sleeve leather jacket

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com

    ReplyDelete