Sunday 20 January 2013

Lust List: Midi's

So I've literally been glued to the sofa for the whole weekend, doing absolutely zilch with my time. Partly due to illness and partly due to being hungover and therefore incapable of moving my bum. A ridiculous amount of food (in the form of carbs) and drink (in the form of tea) has passed my lips in the past twenty-four hours or so, which I am not proud of and will be paying for for the rest of the week, but hey ho.

Anyways, I have bribed myself into doing something slightly productive with my Sunday in order for me to not feel quite so much like a lazy sloth. I need to grasp atleast some self-respect back after all. So here ya go, a blog post dedicated to my clothing item of choice at the moment - the midi. Here's my current lust list:



 
 
pencil skirt
 
 
 
Top Left to Bottom Right:
Asos Pencil Skirt in Jewel Print - £35 available here
New Look Black Tie Dye Midi Dress - £14.99 available here
Boohoo Sequin Dogtooth Pencil Skirt - £12 available here
Asos Pencil Skirt in Monochrome - £20 available here
Boohoo Maddie Midi Tube Skirt - £8 available here
 
 

What's not to like about the midi. The pencil skirt styles are my absolute favourite, clinging to your curves in all right the places and the high-waists giving the illusion of a washboard style stomach even after a weekend of excess. Personally, I couldn't think of anything more perfect. And, at the grand height of five-foot-nothing I feel as if the shape really elongates my figure, making my legs appear far longer and overall making me look and feel taller - especially when worn with skyscraper heels.
 
This Asos midi skirt is just amazing. I love the length, the fit and jewel print is simply gorgeous. The design is not something I would usually go for, but teamed with a black crop top - as in the picture - it's just the right amount of in-your-face print without looking like you rolled around a child's dress up box covered in glue, with yours eyes closed.
 
This New Look number obviously isn't a skirt, but it still has a similar effect to the pencil skirt. I have actually recently purchased this, I plan to wear it teamed with gold accessories and a pair of black ankle boots. The tie-dye design gives the dress a slightly more casual feel, making it a great item for the day-time. Definitely a piece to throw on in the morning when running late for uni.
 
This Boohoo dogtooth print pencil skirt, complete with black panels, again isn't something I would normally choose - sequins have never really been my thing. However, I adore the way this skirt looks on the model, the black side panels toning the sparkle down slightly. Probably wouldn't look quite as good on me, but for £12 I may as well give it a whirl.
 
The second Asos pencil skirt I've chosen is a bargain at £20. Possibly the reason why it's already hanging up in my wardrobe, purchased last week. I'm lusting after monochrome at the moment and as it is going to be the trend of choice this spring/summer, I'm taking advantage and filling every available space in my wardrobe with an array of black and white numbers. I love the fact that this skirt is a little different, its stripes are all over the shop - perfect teamed with a black or white crop top, or even a blouse.
 
Finally, at only £8, there is no reason not to whip the debit card out and buy this skirt right now. We all need a plain midi tube skirt, so versatile and so inexpensive. Purchasing as I write this.
 
Let me know your thoughts on the midi, I'd love to hear from you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment