Monday 14 January 2013

OOTD: Travel in Style

It's been a busy weekend and I haven't really had a chance to post. It's been great to see my lovely boyfriend and as we do spend so much time apart during term time, especially so during third year,  it was just nice to spend a few days together. Edd, as you may know, is a photographer and is my go to for any photography needed for the blog and for my FMP magazine. He also decided yesterday to use me as a model for a mini photo shoot and I surprised myself by agreeing. Normally I hate being used as a model, I'm very uncomfortable on camera and this is obvious when viewing the resulting images. The photo's, however, turned out a whole lot better than I expected and I was actually rather pleased. I doubt I'll be sharing them on the blog though, as I'm not wearing many clothes and it's not really in keeping with my theme.

Anyway, I thought I'd try out an OOTD post for a change. I'm spending the majority of my day sat on a train travelling back to Southampton after a beaut weekend in Plymouth. I say beaut, yet it rained pretty much non-stop. Anyway, I obviously want to be as comfortable as possible but, on the other hand, I certainly don't want to look like no slob. I've found a perfect middle ground and although my look is simply styled I'm fairly sure I don't look too beige - a Plain Jane I am not (at least I hope).


High neck crop top - Boohoo, £5
Shorts - Urban Outfitters, £32
Belt - H&M £7.99
Shoes - Boohoo, £15
Necklace - New Look, £3 (sale)
Watch - Urban Outfitter, £10 (sale)





For the journey I've put together a pair of over-sized denim levi shorts from Urban Outfitters, every girls must-have wardrobe item, with a black high-neck crop top from Boohoo, a bargain at just £5. The crop top is just long enough to tuck into the shorts, which is perfect as it is winter and god forbid I catch a chill. I've added a berry coloured belt from H&M which is a necessity as the shorts, although labelled a small, are rather large and would not stay in place unaided and I don't particularly wish to be walking round with my shorts round my ankles. I'm sure no one else wants to see this either.

I've completed the outfit with a gold necklace found in the New Look sale. I don't tend to shop in New Look as I rarely find anything I wish to purchase, however this necklace was a bargain and it looks great with everything. I don't think I've taken it off since I bought it. I've also added a lush watch I found in the Urban Outfitters sale, it has the letter 'B' in the middle which, of course, is just perfect. The thin brown leather strap gives it a vintage-y feel and, as I'm not really one for bling, its simplistic nature makes it so versatile. Finally, the shoes are from Boohoo and are unfortunately no longer in stock. A bargain at just £15, they make a change to my usual shoe-uniform of black heeled chelsea boots. I also love the gold lions on the front, I haven't seen anything like these anywhere else.

For added warmth I will be wearing my huge tartan scarf and a denim jacket complete with a fur collar.

For anyone who wishes to look at Edd's photography here's a link to his tumblr, always willing to do photography for anyone/anything: http://eddtaylorphoto.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment