Friday 11 January 2013

What I'm Coveting

Just a short post today as I'm away in Plymouth for the weekend. I thought I'd share with you the pieces I absolutely cannot live without during these rather dreary winter months.

So, I am one hundred percent loving high-neck tops at the moment. Definitely my most coveted item of 2013 so far. I am aware that I may have mentioned this before, but I have well and truly jumped on the bandwagon with this one. I'm even wearing one as I write this.

I was a bit wary of the trend at first. I'm fairly short, and for some strange reason I thought the high neck would make me appear even shorter and stumpier than usual. Far from it though. I definitely think, and this may sound slightly dramatic, that I am in love with high-neck tops of the cropped variety. Paired with high-waisted shorts, skirts or disco pants, they're fast becoming my go-to item for any occasion.

I apologise in advance for the photography. However, my boyfriend was not on hand today and I am just a little bit lacking in that department, as I'm sure you will agree.


Long sleeve, black velvet and glitter roll-neck crop top - Asos, £25
Available here 

Black Lace high-neck crop top - Topshop, £26
This is no longer available, but here's a similar alternative

Same as above, here you can see the lace detailing

Dark green high-neck crop top - Topshop, £10
This is no longer on the website, but you can find it in store.
Black high-neck crop top - Boohoo £5
available here



In particular I would recommend the long-sleeved style tops to anyone feeling slightly self-conscious about their weight following the Christmas period. I'm quite aware of the size of my arms and am grateful for anything that will cover them up in a stylish way. This style flatters your shape and hides any unwanted wobbles on your arms, and for this reason I love them. The sleeveless versions are great for those of us feeling slightly more confident. However the darker shades that I have chosen also aid in disguising any lumps and bumps. All in all, a great buy to add to any girls ever expanding wardrobe.


I've packed each and every one of these tops into my case for the weekend ahead, and I intend to wear them all at some point. What are your thoughts on this trend?

1 comment: