Tuesday 5 March 2013

Spring is Coming

As promised today's post will feature my new found love for cobalt blue. I have recently been reacquainting with said colour purely due to the fact that it is EVERYWHERE at this current moment in time. I have to admit that it will definitely be my go-to shade for the coming months as there is nothing not to like about it. This electrifying shade of everyones favourite colour flatters all skin tones and is so-very versatile, you can team it with clashing brights to really make an impression or dress it down with muted tones and basic items.

I love adding a pop of colour to an outfit, and seeing as the sun is shining today I have been given the perfect excuse to brighten up my wardrobe to match the glorious weather. Seeing as spring looks set to be around the corner, it is most certainly time to start putting away the muted, neutral tones that my winter ensembles often consist of and start breaking out the neons, ice-cream colours and clashing florals that are all set to be big for s/s '13.

Today, as you can see, I'm making a slow start in my transition from winter comfort clothes to stunning summer dressing. I ordered the check tee from ASOS last week. I love the print and, come summer, I will literally be able to wear it with anything from maxi skirts to high-waisted shorts, leggings and beyond. Today, however it is still a bit chilly and I need to jump on a train in a sec so I've opted for jeans and a matching cobalt blue cardigan, which I picked up in the H&M sale a couple of weeks ago for £7. Comfortable, yet stylish - at least, I hope so.








Check Print T-Shirt - ASOS, £22
Cardigan - H&M, £7 (reduced from £29.99)
Jeans - Topshop, £40
Shoes - Boohoo.com, £15
Necklace - Primark, £2 (sale)

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this colour looks great on you! What a bargain cardigan :)

    I have a new post for my Boohoo Global Styler | #globalstyler entry.

    I am also running a giveaway if you would like to take a look :)

    Thanks - Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete