Wednesday 13 March 2013

Midweek Look

Awh it's my dad's birthday today and seeing as I'm not getting the train back to Southampton til later this afternoon it has been very nice to spend the morning with him at least, especially as I seem to be forever missing birthdays. Not much planned for the day, just a chilled, tea-fueled morning at home before heading into town for a coffee and a cake in a bit (caffeine overload?!). Nevertheless, seems like a perfect way to spend the day to me.

I bought the best fitting, figure hugging pair of jeans from Topshop last week. I haven't really had a chance to wear them since seeing as I've been mainly rocking my work's uniform for the past five days. Today was the perfect opportunity to crack them out and although I don't wear jeans all that often, I do adore a pair of good fitting jeans which can often be few and far between, as we all know. As I am rather lacking in the height department the jeans are from the petite section - pretty much where I buy all of jeans from as they are the exact length for my legs and don't have to be rolled up, which I hate! I love the colour too, I don't know if you can tell from the pictures but it's a sort of faded black/dark grey. So cute, and I'm hoping them wont fade quite as fast as black jeans tend to.

I've styled them rather simply today as I have to jump on (yet another) train and I didn't feel like making too much of an effort. The cobalt blue shirt, although one of my favourite colours at the moment, is actually an old one that I bought from New Look about two years ago - yet I still can't get enough of it. I finished the look with flatforms from Primark (borrowed from my sister) and a collar necklace. The versatility of jeans is amazing, I think they would look equally nice dressed up for a evening out with a pair of skyscraper heels/wedges or for a far more casual look you could wear with converse and a tee. What's not to like?!






Shirt - New Look (old)
Flatform Shoes - Primark
Necklace - Primark
Belt - H&M


2 comments:

  1. Love the colour of that shirt!

    Thanks for commenting on my post aswell, I'm now following back :D And I have also just noticed that we are both studying Fashion Journalism in Southampton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh really?! i didn't notice that, small world!

      Thanks :)

      xx

      Delete