Sunday 17 March 2013

End of Week Haul

Excuse the lack of posts this week guys. I spent most of the week sat at my computer writing up work for the two deadlines I had looming on Friday and instead of being able to spend the weekend celebrating, I have in fact been ill since Friday night. It wasn't even self-inflicted, I am genuinely ill and therefore I can (and will) feel sorry for myself. Bleugh.
 
Anyway, before I came down with my mysterious illness I did manage to fit in a bit of shopping time (small victories). I popped into town on Friday afternoon with the intention of browsing and buying a long overdue hair dye, which I actually failed to pick up - damn it.
 
I found myself nipping into Primark to pick up a few pairs of tights but was instantly side tracked, and really rather shocked, by all the new season clothes they had in. Some of it was so nice, just basic items that could be styled in so many different ways, and of course for that price tag it would be rude to walk away. After filling my basket to the brim, I did have to be a bit harsh on myself and put some of it back on the shelves. In the end this is what I settled for (with a few added internet bargains also):
 
 

 








Black and White Slogan Tee - £4 Primark
White Shirt - £10 Primark
Striped Skirt - £6 Primark
Animal Print Maxi Skirt - £10 Primark
Block Heel Shoes - £25 Chocker
Navy Boucle Blazer with Studs - £7 (sale) Primark
Earrings - £1.50 Primark
Hamsa Palm Necklace - £2 Kukee
Diamond Geometric Necklace - £2.50 Kukee
Love Heart Ring - £2 Kukee
Gemstone Ring - £2.50 Kukee


I have to say, it was definitely a successful week with regard to purchases, all soo cheap and all so nice! What a great start to my summer wardrobe! The striped skirt and white blouse from Primark look great together (very fresh, clean and crisp) and will make a great day time look when the weather finally decides to brighten up. The blazer was SUCH a bargain at £7, reduced from £25, it's sort of oversized and can be chucked over a pair of jean and shirt come spring time for a slightly more casual feel to it.

All the accessories featured in the post are also just ah-mazing and again, such bargains! I seem to have stacks and stacks of rings/necklaces/earrings, yet still wear the same few day in day out, so I will be making a conscious effort to be less of a creature of habit and get round to wearing those things that are lurking at the bottom of my jewellery box. And I will definitely be visiting Kukee again in the near future to stock up on more bits and pieces.

What have you all been buying this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment