Friday 19 October 2012

Maxi and Midi for a Mini

Being only 5ft tall makes shopping for maxi cuts extremely difficult. It's hard to find any pieces that don't look as if I'm drowning in the material, whilst attempting not to trip over the hem line when strolling down the street. 

I know many would advise against smaller girls wearing maxi or midi shapes, as often they can make us look even shorter than in reality. However, I think a well fitted maxi dress or skirt elongates my figure, a higher waist (or well placed belt) making my legs appear longer, which is always a great feeling on a fat day.

This autumn/winter I am filling my wardrobe with maxi cuts in dark shades, a slightly more sophisticated alternative to my usual jeans/leggings and t-shirt combos. Topshop, Primark and River Island are currently stocking a vast array of 'mullet' style skirts, fitted below the knee pencil skirts, flowing maxi skirts and jersey maxi and midi dresses. Worn with tights and this season's must-have black studded ankle boots these pieces will help us with the winter blues. 

Here's a few of my favourites:






Aztec Midi Tank Dress - £32, Topshop
Racer Strappy Maxi Dress - £18, Topshop
Green Paisley Printed Skirt - Now £15, Topshop (sale)
Neptune Stud Boot - £70, Office
Nighthawk Stud Boot - £80, Office
Black Print Side Split Maxi Skirt - £22, River Island


No comments:

Post a Comment